The Ruby programming language is becoming increasingly popular, thanks to its clean syntax, its object-oriented features, and its range of high-quality libraries and frameworks.
In this tutorial, you get a gentle introduction to programming in Ruby. You learn:
- How Ruby works, and what it’s used for
- How to install Ruby on your Mac, Windows PC, or Linux PC
- How to create — and run — your first Ruby script
- Some of Ruby’s object-oriented programming features
- How to create and use classes and objects, and
- How to use Interactive Ruby to explore the Ruby language.
At the end of the tutorial, you also explore some resources for taking your Ruby skills further.
Let’s start with a brief introduction to Ruby, and take a look at the language’s features and benefits.