In my previous article Responsive Web Design Demystified, I explained the concepts behind responsive web design, and showed how to build a simple responsive layout from the ground up.
In this article, you learn five additional techniques that will help you build great responsive layouts. You’ll put each technique into practice as you build on the responsive layout created in the previous article.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this article:
- How to hide non-essential content on smaller screens
- Creating collapsible blocks of content to make the best use of mobile displays
- Scaling images in proportion to the available screen width
- How to create responsive images that are optimised for different screen sizes and network speeds, and
- Resizing type according to browser width.
Ready? Let’s get started!