The latest version of jQuery Mobile, 1.1, has just hit the streets, and it has some great new features and improvements over 1.0. In this article you’ll get a quick run-down of jQuery Mobile 1.1, and all that it has to offer you as a mobile web developer.
You’ll look at:
- Improved fixed header and footer toolbars
- Enhancements to page transitions, and two new transition effects
- Loading spinner and text improvements
- Cute mini form elements
- Nicer-looking flip switches
- Improved sliders
- Disabling markup enhancements and Ajax handling for entire containers, and
- A few other minor improvements in version 1.1.
At the end of the article, you’ll also get a brief taste of the new features and widgets that are slated for the upcoming jQuery Mobile 1.2 release.
Let’s start with one of jQuery Mobile 1.1’s headline features: its vastly improved fixed header and footer toolbars.