Welcome to my fourth object-oriented PHP tutorial! If you missed the first three then you may want to take a look at those first, to give yourself a thorough grounding in PHP classes and objects:
- Object-Oriented PHP for Absolute Beginners
- Delving Deeper into Properties and Methods
- Working with Inheritance
If you’ve read all the articles up to this point then you’re already familiar with the most important concepts of object-oriented programming in PHP: classes, objects, properties, methods, and inheritance. In this final (for now, at least!) tutorial in the series, I’m going to tie up some loose ends and look at some other useful OOP-related features of PHP:
- How to automatically load classes on demand
- Converting objects to and from strings for easy storage and transmission, and
- Useful ways to find out more about a given class or object.
Ready? Let’s go!
[Read more…] about Object-Oriented PHP: Autoloading, Serializing, and Querying Objects