This tutorial isn’t a comprehensive reference, but it includes the stuff that you’ll need when writing the majority of your scripts. Here’s a full list of the jQuery event methods and properties should you need it.
You’ll explore the following topics in this tutorial:
- What is an event?
- Working with events
- A simple event handler example
- Shortcut methods for binding common events
- Accessing the element from within the event handler
- Getting more information about an event
- Stopping default actions and event propagation
- Cancelling event handlers
- Triggering events yourself