In this article you’ll get an overview of the changes and improvements in 1.4, and learn how to apply some of these techniques to your own websites and web apps. You’ll look at:
- The performance improvements in 1.4 that result in a smoother, faster experience for users
- The new, simpler theming system
- The new default theme and simplified swatches
- 1.4’s brand-new SVG-based icon set
- The new
flipswitchwidget for smoother, more flexible flip switches
filterablewidget that lets you filter anything from listviews to tables and paragraphs of text
- A new
tabswidget for separating your page content into tabbed sections, and
- A brief summary of the API changes and deprecations that are new to 1.4.
Let’s start with a quick look at how the jQuery Mobile team has improved performance in 1.4.