In this tutorial, you’ll learn the basics of making Ajax requests using jQuery. You’ll look at:
- Exactly what Ajax is, how it works, and why it’s a good thing
- How to make various types of Ajax requests using jQuery
- Sending data to the server along with an Ajax request
- Handling the Ajax response from the server, and capturing any data returned in the response
- How to customize jQuery’s Ajax handling and change default settings, and
- A few links to some more advanced Ajax-related info and tips.
Ready to learn Ajax? Let’s get started!