What would you like to see on elated.com?

You are currently not logged in. You can view the forums, but cannot post messages. Log In | Register

14-Mar-10 21:41
Dear visitors and forum members:

It's been a while since we asked for specific feedback on www.elated.com , but we feel that this is your site as much as ours, so we'd love to have your input on the direction the site takes.

GENERAL:

We have quite a lot planned for elated.com in 2010, including a brand new site design (yay!), lots more tutorials, more forum features, and new website templates (both free and paid).

But what would you like to see added to the site?

* More free web templates?
* More stock photos?
* More Photoshop actions?
* More articles?
* Polls/surveys?
* News stories related to building websites?

ARTICLES:

What types of articles would you like to read more of? Currently we have the following topics in the pipeline:

* PHP
* Photoshop
* jQuery
* HTML
* Using FTP apps

Are there any particular articles in these topics that you'd like to see? Or do you have any suggestions for new article topics?

FORUMS:

We also want to build our community on the forums and get more of you involved with posting topics and replying to questions. With this in mind, we're planning to add more features to the forums in the current weeks, such as RSS feeds for each forum. If you have any other ideas for how to improve the forums, please let us know!

Please post your suggestions here, or send them directly to Matt at http://www.elated.com/contact/ .

Thanks!
Matt

--
Matt Doyle, Elated
16-Mar-10 17:12
Hi Matt,

Sounds like you have some great plans for elated this year

Being a newbie designer, I'd like to see more articles on the actual design process, and Photoshop always goes down well too (despite having used it for nearly 10 years, I still consider myself a beginner at photoshop).

I really like the idea of RSS feeds for the forums - should make it much easier to see what's new. I wouldn't mind an RSS feed for all forums though - so you only need to check one feed, but I guess many people would only be interested in a few areas.

I'd like to see some articles on the latest CSS stuff too - I feel my CSS knowledge might be somewhat dated these days.

Plus more pagekits - especially paid ones we can use in our web design projects for clients ...

Looking forward to seeing what you guys produce this year!

Cat

--
http://web.soothed.com.au/
Web design for natural therapists
18-Mar-10 14:43
Hi Matt,

Please, I would like to see the following on elated.com :

GENERAL

* more free and paid templates. Concerning the paid templates, Elated should also offer a customisation service for clients who like the Elated templates, but do not have the time/skills to customise them.

* new stories on building websites. For the sake of those who know how to develop websites by manually coding HTML (but have little design skills), I think you should write more articles on how to design websites starting from a design and converting same into HTML.

* the idea of having a rss feed is also great.

* more articles and news stories related to building websites

* polls/surveys

Those are some of the things I would like to see on Elated. If more ideas come to mind, I'll be sure to come back and post them here.

[Edited by mauco on 18-Mar-10 14:45]

--
http://www.mauconline.net
25-Mar-10 23:28
Thanks for the suggestions guys - much appreciated. We'll take these comments on board.

We'll be launching the forums RSS feeds any day now. (Just need to do some icons!)

@mauco: I like your idea of tutorials that show how to design a site in Photoshop then convert to HTML/CSS. We've had quite a few requests for this type of tutorial actually.

BTW we do offer a customisation service for the PageKits, although it's not very well advertised I must admit

http://www.pagekits.com/faq/#customize

Cheers,
Matt

--
Matt Doyle, Elated
01-Apr-10 01:54
I would like to see more articles and new stories related to website building. Elated.com is providing very good tutorials in different categories to forum members and visitors.
03-Apr-10 05:03
Thanks Laura. We're starting to add more newsy style articles at the moment, and they're proving to be popular.

--
Matt Doyle, Elated
25-Sep-11 04:31
Im only new on this site, and i like
I have a couple enhancements id like to suggest.
1, can we get the option to stay logged in? or if there already is then I'm not seeing it and that would like this a bug fix report.
2, with the BB code <code> tag, perhaps ad in a markup attribute e.g. {code=php} some code then the close tag.
3, can we please have the user cp etc in a convenient spot, its a bit hard to find when your blind lol.
28-Sep-11 02:33
@itz_tim_y0: Thanks for your suggestions! I'll bear them in mind when I next work on improving the forum code.

The forums should keep you logged in for a set period (I think it's 30 days). Works for me anyway. Maybe you switched browsers or deleted/blocked cookies?

--
Matt Doyle, Elated
28-Sep-11 06:05
No worries, I'm using Safari 5.1 on Mac OS X 10.7, i might have an issue with my cookies then.
05-Sep-12 00:21
I'd like to see more free web templates
12-Jan-14 11:45
I would like to try programming in Java, but am having great difficulty in getting started. Do you have any advice on starting up?
Thanks
gemma1865
12-Jan-14 23:10
@gemma1865: Java rather than JavaScript? It's been a _long_ time since I did any Java coding. Pretty sure I used Java in a Nutshell at the time, although it doesn't look like it's been updated in a while:

http://www.amazon.com/Java-In-Nutshell-5th-Edition/dp/0596007736

--
Matt Doyle, Elated

Old posts

Follow Elated